Best Friends’ Policies & Procedures
Whatever you purchase, you’ll always receive personal attention to detail and exceptional value for your money.
Things you should know:
- Major credit cards accepted. Purchases may require additional information (bank approval, driver’s license, etc.). Some purchases may require payment by check.
- Independent gemological laboratories appraise most purchases.
- All jewelry receives personal attention and is guaranteed to be free from defects at time of purchase. Best Friends cannot be held responsible for possible future damage caused by normal wear and tear.
- Repair work is at customer’s own risk and liability. Best Friends cannot be held responsible for damage to customers’ jewelry (including gemstones) during repairs. A 50% deposit is required (based on an estimate). Balance payment (based on actual costs) is payable upon completion.
Custom & special-ordered jewelry:
- Custom-ordered jewelry is guaranteed to be manufactured according to customers’ approved design criteria, including metals, dimensions, stone types/sizes, etc.
- To place a custom-designed jewelry order, 100% payment (non-refundable) is due for a design execution (rendering, mold, or wax model, etc.). Secondly, upon customers’ approval of a design, a 50% deposit (based on an estimate) is required to proceed with manufacturing. Lastly, balance payment (based on actual costs) is payable upon completion.
- All renderings, molds, models, etc., shall remain Best Friends’ property, whether or not the design is executed.
- To place a special order, a 50% deposit is required (based on an estimate). Balance payment (based on actual costs) is payable upon completion.
- Custom-ordered/special ordered jewelry is not returnable and is non-refundable.
Finished (non-custom) jewelry:
- Finished jewelry purchases that have not been worn/scratched/damaged may be returned for exchange, credit, or refund within five (5) days of purchase, less any non-refundable fees (shipping, insurance, appraisal, credit card charge, etc.).
- Finished jewelry that has been altered (sized, engraved, etc.) is not returnable and is non-refundable.
- Best Friends obtains loose diamonds and colored stones from sources not accessible to the public. These gemstones are in our possession for five (5) days only. 100% payment is due at time of purchase.
- Loose gemstones may be returned within three (3) days of purchase for exchange, credit, or refund. Returns must also include all original paperwork provided (receipt, gemstone report, etc.). Fees associated with purchases, including shipping, insurance, appraisal, credit card charge, etc., are non-refundable.
- Diamonds are purchased from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with United Nations Resolutions. Best Friends guarantees all diamonds offered for purchase are conflict free, based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by our suppliers.
If you have any questions regarding the above policies and procedures, please contact Best Friends, 312.269.9999 or 312.953.1644 or Karla@bestfriendsdiamonds.com.
Best Friends doesn’t carry any diamonds in stock and doesn’t sell diamonds. Instead, Best Friends helps you purchase your dream diamond(s) by going to diamond wholesalers (sources not found by consumers). All you have to do is decide on your diamond shape (along with some other priorities) and set your budget. Then, Best Friends finds the diamonds you’re looking for.
Here are some of the benefits of using Best Friends:
-Style: Experienced in custom jewelry manufacturing (for all mountings or remounting),
-Knowledge: Accredited Jewelry Professional (AJP) & G.I.A. Graduate Gemologist (GG),
-Peace of mind: Appraisals by independent gemological laboratories,
-Time saved: Convenience; Individuals who qualify receive one-year free insurance with Jewelers Mutual, Etc.